Me, my mom and Tiff decided that it was high-time for a girls weekend. We stayed in Salt Lake for two nights and had the time of our lives. Friday night we went to dinner with my grandma, aunts and girl cousins. We ran into a lady from our ward growing up that I hadn't seen in probably 15 years and another lady that my mom used to work with. Then the three of us went and did initiatories at the Bountiful temple. We saw a lady from my mom's ward there, a missionary that my mom knew, and a lady from my ward (Sister Hoffman). After that we treated ourselves to Cold Stone and definitely ate our calories worth for the day...but who was counting? Then we went and checked into our hotel and stayed up talking til around 4:00 a.m. After that we were tossing and turning all night (or should I say morning?!?) cuz the beds were uncomfortable and Tiff had stomach acid (pregnant!). It was a pretty miserable night with only a few hours of sleep. But that wasnt going to stop us from having fun...

Saturday morning we went to a play at Desert Star. "Home School Muscial" with "Linoleum Dynomite." It was pretty freakin' funny. My mom saw two people that she went to high school with (now married to each other) and that was fun for her.
After the play, we headed up to Park City. On the way there we saw this guy out riding his motorcycle on the street. Check out his horns. WTH? Luckily I had my camera and snapped a picture. Click on the pic to see a close-up!!!


When we got to Park City we drove around trying to find a stupid juice place that we wanted to go to, since there is no Jamba Juice in Park City. My brother-in-law was on the phone telling us how to get there (according to mapquest) and after searching for an hour he called the place to ask where it was. He called...number out of order. Then he called on of their other locations and they said that the one we were looking for was out of business. So, needless to say, we went to the outlet malls frustrated and thirsty! In Park City we ran into Greg Parker from my ward. We did a lot of shopping and found some good deals!Then we went back to Salt Lake and ate at the Olive Garden. Then we went to the Walmart on 13th street in Salt Lake. It was a cultural experience for all involved. That Walmart always kinda scares me, but I needed some cough drops for my sore throat. That night, after requesting several extra pillows, we slept much better. Probably cuz we were all so tired.
I won't mention all the things we did on Sunday, since it is supposed to be a holy day (oops) but we did go to church at the Joseph Smith Memorial building. I had no idea that they held church there, so that was cool. After that we went to Temple Square and that's when we were interviewed to be on the news. When I saw their Fox 13 microphone and camera I was like..."oh heck no." (I can't stand that channel...so unprofessional and annoying). I told them that I didnt want to be taped, but apparently they didn't take me seriously. The next thing I knew, the camera was in my face and they were drilling me with questions. They did the same to my mom, but somehow Tiff managed to escape. We were on the news twice that night and then again on Monday morning. Crazy! Atleast I knew that I was for Proposition 8 and not against! LOL.
We went and watched the Joseph Smith movie at the visitors center and ran into a missionary from the very city that I went to in Honduras. So, that was cool. Almost everywhere we went we saw someone that one of us knows. I guess that's what happens when you live in one place for 20+ years. We had such a fun weekend together. Thanks Mom!
Here is love-bug having his first bath without his tub thing. He thought he was pretty cool.
A week or so ago, my brothers all had the same day off work so they came down and took me and the kids to lunch (Lorena's...which is becoming my favorite Mexican place, yum!)
Dada giving bugs a kiss with KL on his back.




















7 comments:
That picture of blake in the tub doesnt even look like him much. I have never seen that funny face from him before. I like the one of him with his wild hair-doo!
CUTE!
I love Desert Star - Bruce got me season tickets so we'll get to go to the show too. Glad to hear that it lived up to past performances. Speaking of which, you deserve an Oscar for you appearance as best supporting actress in a news cast.
You all looked great on T.V. I found your blog and now have it book marked. I have not been to antelope lately but if I do go I will make sure to stop by and see your mom.
YOU SHOULD TOTALLY BE AN ANCHOR WOMAN! LOOK AT YOU ALL CALM AND MAKING SENSE ON T.V. I THINK MY MIND WOULD DRAW A BLANK AND I WOULD HAVE TO ASK WHAT THE QUESTION WAS AGAIN. GOOD FOR YOU TAKING A WEEKEND FOR YOURSELF! THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD FUN (AND GOOD FOOD).
Sounds like you guys had loads of fun...who wouldn't with the Blake girls? I love girls weekends! Love the guy with the horns....or whatever that was. Weirdo!!! Your kids are adorable and your sister and mom are too!!
That's so cool that you got to have girls time! I'm a little jealous but I loved hearing the people you bumped into (especially the ones I know!) My favorite picture is the "rock on" bath pic...so cute! I wish I could have seen you on the news!
So fun!
Post a Comment